background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Trevy's Cookie Cake

The day before Trev's birthday party, I took him to HEB Plus to pick out his cake. First he turned up his nose and said, "No cake!" Then he said he wanted a donut cake. I thought for a bit and then said that I would try. Then, he said he wanted a cookie cake. I told him that I would call the mall store. He turned his little pointy nose up again! He wanted a homemade cookie cake! I had everything I needed at home except the pan. I bought a pizza pan and started my adventure. I made my usual cookie recipe. Let me stop the cake story for a minute to tell you about my cookie dough recipe...
When Trevor and I first met, he always bragged about his mom's cookies. I soon met his friends who all bragged about Marilyn's cookies too. I decided that I would work on making cookies so that I could live up to Marilyn's famous cookies. I swear I tried 30 recipes. Each time Trevor would take a bite and say, "They're okay, but not as good as my mom's." I tried easy recipes, difficult recipes, pre-made, homemade, etc. etc. etc. Finally one day I gave up and tried my old standby Tollhouse recipe. Trevor came in, took a bite, and yelled, "Did you call my mom!!?!!" I was soooo excited. I later talked to her and she said that the recipes were almost the same! That was good enough for me! I think that was the first step in Trevor being ready to marry me :) I can be very happy with being second best to Marilyn in the cookie department! She is a great cook!
Back to the cookie cake- I made my normal dough. I then put the whole batch on the pizza pan and spread it out almost to the edges. I cooked it and checked it every few minutes. I ended up baking it about 18 minutes. I then took it out and put it directly in the fridge so that it would stop baking immediately. I iced it about 30 minutes later with the 5 star tip and the medium circle tip. I would have liked to use the small circle tip for the writing, but I couldn't find mine. I think it turned out pretty cute. At the birthday party, the cake was a hit. Brian's family get many cookie cakes from The Great American Cookie Company. They all said that they would hire me next time instead!
Trev-o-meter: PERFECT!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for my slice of cookie to arrive in the mail. Looks soooo yummmy!
    sis

    ReplyDelete