background

Monday, July 2, 2012


Kale Chips

A teacher at my school always makes Kale Chips. Every time she brought them to school I at one and really liked it. I looked up kale online and it is a super food. It has so many healthy qualities, I am wondering why more people don't eat kale! I bought a bunch at HEB and brought it home. First, I washed it and dried it. I then ripped it up into chip sized pieces. Next I put it in a bowl and drizzled it with a little bit of oil. I tossed it with some seasoned salt and a tiny bit of garlic salt. I put some wax paper on a pan and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes on 350 degrees. The whole house began to smell a bit sour. When I took it out of the oven, it looked pretty good! I ate one chip and it was great. I then took one to Trevor. He said that it looked too gross. I made him try one with his eyes closed. He said it was way to salty and it was disgusting, but he could see how someone might like it. I then took my bowl to the couch and began to munch. With each chip, I began to cough. By the 3rd chip I was coughing and gagging. The bitterness was overwhelming. I had to go eat a Peach-O to get the sour taste out of my mouth. Throughout the day, I tried to eat more. The first chip was good and then it went downhill each time I grabbed another. I guess that this snack is great for dieters because you truly can eat just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment