background

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Turquoise Projects

I bought some really ugly letters from Hobby Lobby. They were brushed gold UGH! They were also on sale (50% off!) The only reason I bought them was because I loved the and sign. I took them home and looked at them for about 30 minutes waiting for inspiration :) Finally I decided to use some of the wall paint sample that I got the weekend before. I knew that I wouldn't need the sample of the color that I decided against. I painted the letters and let them dry. I then decided that they would be a sweet addition to our bedroom. As I began to hang them, I realized that they each had 2 holes on the back. Hmmm I went to Trevor's office and said I needed screws or nails, a laser straight thingy, a cross screw driver, a hammer, a pencil, and a "zzzzz" thing. He went out in the garage and filled my order perfectly.   I then did a great rigging job and actually hung them. I stepped back to admire my work and noticed that they were completely crooked!! I then looked at the holes and realized that the holes were crooked on each letter! I know why they were 50% off! I fixed the crookedness and wahlah! Beauty :)


While at Hobby Lobby, I saw this frame! It was 80% off! I couldn't pass it up. I also painted it with my sample paint. I decided that the pattern would look better antiqued. I dry brushed the thing and I am very happy with how it turned out. I haven't quite decided what I am going to use it for, but I promise that I will post a picture of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment