background

Sunday, July 17, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Today is Trevor and my one year anniversary! We started celebrating last night. We had an amazing dinner at Perry's. We both decided that our steaks were the best we've eaten.


Today we had a very relaxing day at home. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We had a great day of relaxation with no work stress! This afternoon we ate our delicious Perry's leftovers and then headed to the outlet malls. We had so much fun walking through the decorating stores and planning future house projects. We had a romantic drive and drinks in San Marcos. We then rented a movie and headed home. I have to say that I found the perfect card for our anniversary. I don't know how I'm going to top it in years to come :)


We had been looking forward to eating the top tier of our wedding cake for a while. We were anxious and a bit scared. So many people have told us that it was going to be really gross and not to get too excited because it would for sure be a huge let down. I am so happy to say, everyone was wrong. I thawed the cake overnight and kept it in the fridge all day. I unwrapped it mid day because it was very wet. We finally got enough nerve to taste it at about 10:00 pm. It looked absolutely beautiful for having been lost in Colorado, driven across 3 states, and shoved in the back of a freezer for a year. I slowly cut it and the inside was perfect. The 7 white and pink layers looked as if they were freshly baked. Trevor and I did a count down and then fed each other a bite. We prepared for the worst... We were blown away. It was so moist and sweet. It tasted the exact same as it did the day of our wedding. I am so happy. To me, the cake is one of the most important details of a wedding. I worked really hard to find the perfect cake! I am can't believe that I get to enjoy it a year later! Tasting the cake took me back to the most perfect and love filled day of my life. Memories came back with every bite. It was more than I could have ever asked for.



With all of the details of our special day behind me, I know that all that really matters is the love in my heart. Thank you Trevor for making me the most happy and loved girl in the world. You are a dream come true. Your love has given me my fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment