background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chili

Dish: Chili
Book: back of a box
Pajamas: yellow Life is Good top, plaid pj bottoms
Meal: Lunner
Eaters: Trevor and me

I ran 10 miles today and wanted to really treat myself but still stay somewhat healthy. I decided on chili! I looked up a recipe in my book, but they all were a bit too detailed for a day that I was soooo very tired. I ended up at the store looking on the back of seasoning boxes. I got one that looked easy and good. I browned a pound of sirloin. Then I split it into 2 pans, one for me, one for Trevy. I put lots of onions and corn in mine and nothing in his (I should have put beans though...). I put water and tomatoe paste in next. Then I added salt, cayenne, chili powder, and Worcester. I let it simmer for 15 minutes. My pan had no lid so I put a pizza baking sheet on top. I then went and snuggled a bit with Trevor. I think that I snuggled a bit too long... I ran out to check on the chili and of course Trevor's looked perfect. Mine looked glued to the bottom. I scraped it into my bowl and spooned his into his and we ate. We added some cheese and ate it with some French bread. Although mine was a bit charbroiled, it was still delicious. I love home cookin'

Trev-o-meter: "I would give it a solid 9 if it had beans and if I could eat it with Frito's."

No comments:

Post a Comment