background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Honey Dijon Chicken


Dish: Honey Dijon Chicken
Book: Taste of Home
Pajamas: brown SOFT top and plaid pj bottoms
Meal: Dinner
Eaters: Trevor and me

The words you are about read contain graphic scenes. Please proceed with caution.
I got to Trevy's house ready to cook. I had been looking forward to this recipe since I found it yesterday. I got 4 cloves of garlic ready by smashing them and chopping them. I put them in a pan with oil and thyme. I put the chicken breasts in and waited... and waited... and waited. How long do chicken breasts need to cook for cryin'out loud. I ended up chopping them up into tiny pieces to make sure that they cooked. In the meantime, I started mixing the glaze- dun dun dun dun...dun! I put cornstarch and pineapple juice in, so far so good. Next came the 1/2 a cup of Dijon mustard (that is the yellow kind right?). At this point it's looking pretty gross. Next in plops the 1/3 c honey. I almost puked just stirring (note: I clean up snot rockets and pukey peepee kids all day and they don't phase me). I go over and poor the glaze over the chicken. huh(gag noise). I stir and stir waiting for a miracle to happen, it doesn't. I think, "maybe it'll taste good at least." I go to the microwave to heat up the instant 90 second bag of rice. In the back of my head I'm thinking, "this will be the only thing we can eat." I put some slimy chicken and "safe" rice on each plate and called in Trevor. I started eating and didn't say a word. I wanted to hear Trevor's opinion. I gagged down each bite. Even the rice was revolting. I watched Trevor as he cut and smelled. He took one bite and it was all over. In my opinion it tasted like the nastiest tv dinner ever made. It was a complete failure.

Trev-o-meter: A 2 at most. (He said this as he poured the entire pot and his plate down the sink after only taking one bite).

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Don't feel bad! My first attempt at making gravy turned into a pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first attempt at making gravy it turned into a large dough ball. I beat it with a spoon while my friend added water. It eventually turned to some kind of gravy liquid but tasted horrible!

    ReplyDelete